1. Data Collection and Use
- 1.1 Personal data means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
- a) from that data alone; or
- b) from that data and other information which you have or are likely to have access.
- 1.2 Personal data may include but is not limited to your name, gender, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address, contact preferences, credit card / bank / billing information and records of your contact with us (ie consultations, queries, compliment or complaint etc.).
- 1.3 We may collect and use your personal data to allow us to provide Services to meet your pet's healthcare needs, and to customise and improve our Services to make your experience more secure and convenient (including improving the quality of our Services through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities). We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving these purposes.
- 1.4 If you choose to access and/or use the Zumvet Sites and/or our Services, we may require you to provide your contact and identity information, and other personal data as indicated on the forms in the relevant Zumvet Site.
- 1.5 We will maintain a file about you and your use of the Zumvet Sites and/or our Services. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the Zumvet Sites, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal business operations.
- 1.6 We may also look across multiple users to identify problems, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
- 1.7 Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you. We will use your financial information (including credit card information) to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for your use of our Services.
- 1.8 We may use your personal data to notify you when updates to Zumvet Sites are available and to market and promote Zumvet Sites and/or our Services.
- 1.9 We may track certain information based upon your behaviour on the Zumvet Sites. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular. This information may include your IP address and your physical location.
2. Sharing with and Disclosure to Third Parties
- 2.1 As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers (including any third party service provider which hosts or manages data from the Zumvet Sites, credit, debit and charge card companies, banks or other entities processing payment instructions given by you through the Zumvet Sites, lawyers, auditors, any other agents or subcontractors acting for and on our behalf), and/or government or regulatory authorities (including the Animal & Veterinary Service), whether within or outside of Singapore, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our Services, and/or where required by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.
- 2.2 We may also disclose your anonymised data to data analytic platforms, technical support providers, and delivery service providers.
- 3.1 Your privacy is important to us. We have put in place reasonable security arrangements (which shall at least be equivalent to industry standard practices) to protect your privacy and personal data, in such manner and to such extent as we deem reasonably appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, there is no such thing as "perfect security" and we do not guarantee in any way, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private and/or safe from any abuse or misuse by third parties.
- 3.2 Your personal data to be used by Zumvet is stored on Zumvet's servers located within its premises or those of its data service providers. We will use such procedural and technical safeguards as we deem reasonably necessary in our sole and absolute discretion to protect your privacy and to protect your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. We will also employ such security techniques deemed appropriate at our sole and absolute discretion, to reasonably protect data against loss, theft, and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal by users inside and outside Zumvet. If we transfer any data outside Singapore, we will take appropriate steps to ascertain whether, and ensure that, the recipient of your transferred personal data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the transferred personal data a standard of protection at least comparable to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012). We will also transfer your personal data outside Singapore only if such transfer is necessary for the performance of a contractual obligation between Zumvet and you, or where such transfer is necessary to respond to a life-threatening or health-threatening emergency.
- 3.3 Zumvet's employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal data held by Zumvet as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal data.
- 3.4 As "perfect security" does not exist, each of Zumvet and its affiliates, related corporation, and third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent or warrant that there will not be, and hereby disclaim any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by any of the aforesaid entities or persons.
4. Accessing and Updating your Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any personal data that you provide for Zumvet's use, please send us an email at [email protected] for assistance. However, if you remove any personal data, which is necessary for us to provide you with Services, our provision of our Services to you may become impossible, impeded or deficient.
6. Governing Law
7. Contact Zumvet